We want to start this olive oil and balsamic infusion blog with a recipe that shows how our products can be incorporated into multiple types of recipes- far beyond bread dip or drizzled veggies ( but we love those too! ) These Chili-Lime Chicken Tacos use several infused olive oils in each element that goes into these tacos, showing how they they can be incorporated into every recipe. Don't worry if you forget the cilantro or that one lime at the grocery store for that recipe you want to try...you already have it in your cupboard with our infused olive oils! No more running back to the store for one ingredient or giving up on the recipe all together because you don't want to go back for 1 spice. We've got you covered.
Chili-Lime Chicken Tacos
Oil infusions:Chili, Lime, Garlic, Cilantro
Pairs well with: Cilantro Lime Rice
For the Chicken
Prepare Chili-lime marinade:
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili- infused olive oil
- 1-4-1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Lime-infused olive oil
- Marinade the chicken overnight for best results or for at least 30 minutes, The olive oil and variety of spices flavor the chicken well even with minimum marinade time.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
GRILLING DIRECTIONS (optional)
Grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
Grill chicken undisturbed for for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing
For the Grilled Pineapple Salsa:
Note: Grilling adds extra flavor to the salsa but can be made without grilling
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, trimmed and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced for grilling
- 1/2 tablespoon of Cilantro Infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime infused Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp jalapeno infused olive oil (optional)
- Drizzle red onions with olive oil and thread onto a skewer (if using a wooden skewer, soak skewer in water for at least 30 minutes beforehand). Drizzle red bell pepper quarters with olive oil to lightly coat.
- Working in batches as needed depending on grill size, grill pineapple and vegetables at medium high heat until tender and lightly charred all over, about 12 minutes for the onions, turning occasionally, about 8-10 minutes for the pineapple, until caramelized, flipping once, 6 minutes for the red bell peppers, flipping once.
- Once cool enough to handle, dab off any excess oil with paper towels from vegetables and chop pineapple (cutting around core), red bell peppers, and onions.
- Toss pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno oil, cilantro oil , lime oil, ginger, cumin and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Chill before serving
- Prepare Chili Lime Chicken And Grilled Pineapple Salsa according to directions.
- To make the Avocado Cream, add all the Cream ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth, scraping sides down as needed. May make 4 hours ahead of time and refrigerate in an airtight container.
Putting it all together
Prepare tortillas, add chicken and top with pineapple salsa, avocado cream and cotija cheese (optional). Enjoy with friends and family!